Studio Immersion Project Fellowship
Studio Immersion Project (SIP) is an intensive 3 month studio fellowship designed to immerse artists in the world of printmaking. SIP Fellows will acquire new techniques and build upon existing skills. Artists, from all media, interested in making printmaking a regular part of their creative practice are invited to apply.
---The 2015 application is now closed---
A SIP fellowship is ideal for artists with a developed studio practice and career experience. Prior printmaking experience is not required. Artists working in other media are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants cannot have an affiliation with any institution as a full or part time student at the time of application. Applicants cannot have received any other fellowship from RBPMW in the past 2 years.
Eligibility is limited to artists living and working in New York State. Artists must be able to spend a minimum of 20 hours working in the studio each week for the three month SIP period. Artists must be able attend all sessions of SIP 2015 Orientation.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE.
SIP Award Description
1 year RBPMW membership
3 months unlimited RBPMW studio access
6 session SIP 2015 Introduction Class
Includes: In depth studio orientation, basic intaglio, lithography, relief and monotype techniques.
3 RBPMW classes picked from Summer 2015 Class Schedule.
SIP Fellows group exhibition in Blackburn 20|20 during the summer of 2016
Scheduled project consultation with RBPMW staff printers
3 month material & supply storage
Access to exhibition and portfolio exchange opportunities through RBPMW membership
Selection is based on artistic merit determined by an independent 3 person interdisciplinary panel in a blind jury. Jurors will be made public following the announcement of selected participants.
2015 Deadlines & Notifications
2015 SIP Deadline: April 6, 2015
2015 SIP Recipients Notified: May 12, 2015
SIP Studio Orientation: June 2 - 7, 2015
Fellowship Period: June 9 - September 6, 2015
The next SIP application will open in February of 2016
All SIP applications must be submitted by April 6, 2015. Finalists will be notified for an interviews by May 1st, 2015. All applications must be submitted digitally through the link below. RBPMW will not accept applications via email or regular mail. In addition to the general contact form, the SIP application requires that you upload 4 things:
1. Up to 10 images and/or 5 video links to recent work. Images must conform to the following:
- jpeg format
- 300 dpi, maximum 800 px in their largest dimension, and not exceed 1 MB
(See here for assistance resizing images on Photoshop.)
- the title, date, medium, and dimensions must NOT appear anywhere on the image
- save images as: "yourlastname_yourfirstname_01" (Ex. Morandi_Giorgio_01.jpg)
IMAGES THAT DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
2. Image documentation sheet
- include title, date, medium, and dimensions for each image
- be sure that your image list corresponds to the file name of each image
- save your file as a .pdf or .doc and name it as "yourlastname_yourfirstname_imagelist" (Ex. Morandi_Giorgio_imagelist.pdf)
3. Statement of intent
- in 100 words or less please describe your practice and how you think printmaking might contribute to your current work.
- save your file as a .pdf or .doc and name it as "yourlastname_yourfirstname_statement" (Ex. Morandi_Giorgio_statement.pdf)
4. 1 page current resume/CV
- save your file as a .pdf or .doc and name it as "yourlastname_yourfirstname_CV" (Ex. Morandi_Giorgio_CV.pdf)
RECENT SIP RECIPIENTS